The Research and Evaluation Unit (R&E) at the Center for Educational Partnerships (CFEP) manages multiple evaluation and consulting projects within CFEP and Student Affairs.
Evaluators in the R&E unit can directly carry out evaluations through complete project management or provide assistance to project leadership with evaluation design and implementation consulting (e.g., evaluation-capacity building).
A key responsibility for Evaluators in R&E is to facilitate periodic presentations of evaluation progress to funders and stakeholders. The R&E unit maintains large databases consisting of student, parent, and teacher records from partner K-12 districts, community colleges, and UC Irvine, and manages survey design, production, data capture, and analysis of thousands of surveys each year.
CFEP R&E has specific experience in evaluating college access and retention programs funded through the Department of Education and the National Science Foundation.
Current projects include:
- GEAR UP
- Upward Bound
- Early Academic Outreach Program (EAOP)
- ENGAGE in STEM (HSI STEM Grant)
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
The unit also works with locally funded projects, such as the
Santa Ana Partnership
- UC Irvine
- CSU Fullerton
- Santa Ana College
El Monte Promise
- UC Irvine
- CSU Los Angeles
- El Monte High School District
- El Monte Union School District
- Mountain View School District
- California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) PROMESAS
- California State University Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) GEAR UP Compton
- University of California, Irvine (UCI) FRESH HUB
- University of California, Irvine (UCI) Fresh Hub ECRT
- University of California, Irvine (UCI) Admissions
- University of California, Irvine (UCI) GEAR UP Compton
The R&E unit is available for Evaluation Consulting.
Let us help you write your evaluation plan, design and administer surveys, analyze your data and prepare reports for your stakeholders!Get Started