The Upward Bound summer program is an intensive six-weeks academic enrichment program. The students take academic courses while receiving tutoring and guidance counseling. Upward Bound students also benefit from cultural and recreational events, field trips, college preparation workshops, and have the unique opportunity to live as a college student for a week. For more information regarding the Upward Bound Summer Program, and to gain a preview of what life is like for an RTA in the summer, visit http://www.cfep.uci.edu/ub/summer.
Combining the responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant and a Resident Advisor, the RTA position offers a unique and exciting employment opportunity for any UCI undersgraduate who is interested in the field of education and would like to gain practicle experience working with high school students.
Develop personal and professional skills in:
- Peer counseling
- Student mentoring
- Conflict resolution
- Classroom management
- Community life programing
RTA Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a tutor and mentor to help program participants prepare for success as a future college student.
- Serve as Resident Assistant (RA) during the residential portion of the summer program
- Provide overall supervision over 8 - 12 residents.
- Help to create and maintain a safe and positive learning environment.
- Uphold and enforce program rules.
- Coordinate team project with assigned students.
- Coordinate recreational activities.
- Assist program staff and instructors with program implementation.
Submit the Online Application
Friday, April 11, 2014
IMPORTANT! Before you apply please note the following:
- Selected RTA MUST be available to attend the mandatory training sessions during Week 5 through 9 of Spring Quarter.
- Selected RTAs will NOT be able to take classes during Summer Session 1.
For all questions contact: